When studying abroad during ISLP, you’ll undoubtedly experience pop culture in the country you choose to visit. If you’re interested in becoming familiar with popular sights and sounds in Australia, China and the United States, we’ve come up with some highlights below.
Are any of your favorites listed? Anything in particular you’d like to share that isn’t already listed? Leave us a comment!
- Powderfinger: One of the most famous Australian rock bands, Powderfinger has been a rock & roll mainstay in Australia since their rise to fame in 1998. One of their newest hits is “All Of The Dreamers”
- Orianthi: Most recently spotlighted for her role as the guitarist for Michael Jackson’s This Is It tour, Orianthi’s first single “According To You” reached #6 on the Australian music charts.
- Guy Sebastian: Guy won the first Australian Idol title in 2003 and has been successful ever since. On his song “Art Of Love,” he featured Jordin Sparks, the winner of the sixth season of American Idol.
- Daughtry: Former American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry formed the band in 2006, which has produced two hit records and several number one singles. Their latest is “No Surprise.”
- The Black Eyed Peas: will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo and Fergie are known worldwide for their hip hop dance music – the group has sold a total of nearly 28 million records and 31 singles. Check out “Meet Me Halfway.”
- Lady Gaga: She’s quickly gained popularity with her off-the-wall style, powerhouse vocals and catchy beats. “Just Dance” was her breakout hit.
- Billboard Music Charts