Top 5: USA
1. People: The friendliness of all the people we encountered, even those in New York who have a reputation for being curt.
2. American Patriotism: It was fascinating for me to see the amount of Americans that had flags outside their houses/in offices.
3. Sightseeing in Washington, D.C.: The size of the monuments, how well they are looked after, the amount of people that were exploring the monuments were all very surprising to me. The way they are all lined up and laid out made for a spectacular setting.
4. Museums: The size and content of the museums was fascinating, especially the Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., and the Guggenheim in New York City.
5. New York City: New York as a whole fascinated with me. I guess the spending power there allows for shops and buildings that size can only be described as mind blowing. I loved how easy it was to get around and how the city literally does not sleep as well as the amount of advertising in Times Square.
Top 10: China
1. The small details of Chinese culture: don´t eat all the food on the plates, sip your tea and never drink everything.
2. The bus drivers are as daring as they are proficient! Amazing driving skills!
3. The foot massages (especially in Beijing) are heaven!
4. The Chinese are "quite captivated" when they see a blonde woman or someone of African American descent. Cameras are sure to come out when an encounter occurs.
5. KFC is everywhere!
6. The food was amazing, each time we went to a place to eat it was and wonderful explosion of flavors and textures. I still have not found the same "Chinese" here in the United States.
7. It felt like I was stepping back 50 years because smoking is allowed everywhere.
8. I really enjoyed the people – they were inviting, kind, and eager to show how proud they are of their country.
9. How the Chinese do business – I was very surprised and intrigued with the fact that business deals are very extended, and before business is even brought up in a conversation, you could spend up to six months forming a relationship with a potential business partner.
10. The night life was amazing – on San Li Tun Street in Beijing especially.
Top 10: Australia
1. How cold it was some of the time we were there... I forgot that they start their winter when we start our summer.
2. How longggg the flight was. Make sure to bring something to occupy yourself!
3. Kangaroo meat is really good!
4. How wonderful the sun was on the Great Barrier Reef, until I got back to the hotel and looked like a lobster (wear your sunblock!)
5. How casual people are.
6. How much everyone cares about the environment.
7. That almost all of the people that live in Australia were in Melbourne or Sydney.
8. How much we did in so little time.
9. Meeting amazing people who have the same aspirations as yourself
10. How much fun I had! I met some great people on this trip and we are still friends. In fact some of them are coming to my wedding!